The Jasmer Law Firm of Chicago is an established car and truck accident claims law firm. Firm attorney David S. Jasmer has a highly successful track record of recovering significant compensation for clients who have suffered serious and catastrophic injuries.
Get Help Now
We handle all auto accident cases on a contingency fee basis and are conveniently located in downtown Chicago across from City Hall and the Daley Center Courthouse. We don't collect attorney fees unless we obtain compensation for you.
To contact our firm, please complete our online contact form or call 312-386-7011 or 866-920-6021.
Our firm is known for producing results through investigation and the use of experts. For instance:
- In a recent case, a young woman driving a car was paralyzed from the waist down when her automobile was stuck in the rear by a semitractor-trailer. After conducting a thorough investigation, we proved that the crash resulted because the other driver fell asleep at the wheel. The case settled for $20 million.
- In another case, a 75-year-old man was killed when his car was rear-ended by a van on the highway. After proving that the crash was caused by the other driver's negligence, Mr. Jasmer achieved a jury verdict for almost $1 million.
- When a 16-year-old boy driving a car was severely injured as a result of a motor vehicle collision at an intersection, Mr. Jasmer attained a partial settlement for $1.3 million.
Distracted driving — texting while driving, taking selfies while driving, even talking on a cellphone while driving — is a huge problem in Illinois and across the U.S. Yet despite all the warnings and research showing the dangers of distracted driving, people continue to make unwise decisions while operating a motor vehicle.
If you have been injured by a distracted driver, you need to be aware of your legal rights. Whether you were driving a car and were hit by a distracted driver, or if you were walking, running or biking and were hit, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Schedule a consultation with Mr. Jasmer to learn about your options.
Accidents Caused By Drunk Drivers
Were you or a loved one injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver? We understand how devastating these accidents can be, and we are committed to helping you recover.
We consult specialists when building drunk driving cases on behalf of injured clients. We seek information and help from accident reconstructionists, investigators, doctors, and others to help prove that the driver was intoxicated at the time of the accident.
What To Do After A Car Accident
Many clients wonder: Are there certain steps I should take after a car accident to secure my rights if I proceed with a personal injury claim?
Although the minutes and hours after a car accident are often a blur, there are a few important things to remember to do:
- Seek medical attention, even if your injuries seem minor
- Take photos of the accident scene
- Document any evidence
- Gather contact information of passersby and witnesses
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible
Find out more about what to do following a car accident.
When The Other Driver Was Uninsured
Being involved in an accident is troublesome enough when you factor in the legal, financial, and other issues it often involves. However, when the person who caused the accident was uninsured, the situation may feel hopeless.
We work with accident victims to manage a wide range of insurance-related issues. When the other driver had little or no insurance, your own uninsured motorist coverage may apply. Find out more about your insurance options.
Pedestrian Accidents In Chicago
Chicago is a very pedestrian-friendly city. Many residents choose to forego cars, taking advantage of various public transportation options. Others choose to bike and walk whenever possible.
Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents are all too common in Chicago. Motorists choose to disregard bikers, walkers and runners. When pedestrians are hit by a car or bus, the injuries tend to be very severe.
Have you been injured in a pedestrian accident? Learn more about what we do and how we can help you.
Casework Experience Backed by Extensive Credentials
We combine almost 15 years of casework and litigation experience with a firm commitment to advancing personal injury law and clients' rights.
- Mr. Jasmer is the author of the 2007 publication Reconstruction Experts. This is the chapter on reconstruction experts in motor vehicle cases for Illinois that other lawyers look to for guidance.
- Mr. Jasmer is an active member of the Interstate Trucking Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
In addition, Mr. Jasmer is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. For more information regarding our firm and your rights following car, truck and other vehicle accidents, contact our office.
Questions? Please Contact Us.
If you are interested in setting up a time to meet with attorney David Jasmer in our downtown Chicago office, please complete this online contact form.
We don't collect attorney fees unless we obtain compensation for you.