Yet another injurious truck accident has occurred in Illinois. This time the accident was located in Minooka, a suburb of Chicago, and involved two semi-trucks and a private vehicle. Here is what is known about the truck accident at this time.
- It happened in an eastbound lane of Interstate 80 near Ridge Road
- It happened at approximately 5:30 p.m. during rush hour on Monday, Aug 7
- One of the semi-truck drivers was seriously injured
- At least one other unnamed person suffered injuries and was taken to a hospital
- None of the involved vehicles carried any passengers
- One unnamed truck driver was charged with following too closely
- Illinois state police is continuing to investigate the accident
Police reports indicate that the accident occurred as the three involved vehicles approached another accident that had already happened. The driver of the first semi stopped behind a Ford Focus because of the separate accident. However, the driver of the second semi failed to stop in time and collided with the first semi-truck, causing it to strike the Ford Focus.
The driver of the second semi became trapped in the badly damaged vehicle. After the fire department extricated him, he was airlifted to a trauma center with serious injuries. The news report does not say which driver received charges, but logic would say that it is probably the second semi driver as he reportedly failed to stop in time.
This is another incident illustrating how important it is to stay alert to what is happening around you while driving. As always, victims of truck accidents can count on the law to find a legal remedy for injuries caused by negligence.
Source: The Herald-News, "Iowa man extricated from semi-truck in rush hour I-80 crash seriously injured," Lindsay Gloor, Aug. 08, 2017